Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 4, 2007-I got the okay to work

I had my monthly doctor appointment Friday & got the okay from Dr. Raish to work after October 10, which is 100 days after the transplant. He also said I can go out to eat at restaurants, to movie theaters, church, etc. after the 10th. I still need to continue to stay away from people who are sick. That’s definitely going to be a challenge with the cold & flu season coming up. I think the longer I keep my distance from people & don’t hug or shake hands the better for me. I forgot to mention in my last update there were two spots in my stomach that showed up on the PET scan. Cancer shows up very bright on the scan & this barely lit up. I think it’s probably just scar tissue from all the shots I had to give myself. I have a PET scan again in a couple months to keep an eye on everything. My hair has slowly been growing back. It’s coming in thick & very soft again. It’s barely a ¼ inch long. It’d really be nice to have some hair again. =) My next update will probably be in about a month after my next doctor appointment, unless something changes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Hi, this is Kelly from the Buzz Inn, I've been keeping an eye the blog page and it's so good to see that you are doing so much better. I've had you on my mind alot since I saw you at the fair. Just know even though we don't see each other very often(our usual run-ins) my prayers and thoughts are always with you. Hopr to run into you soon.
Kelly