Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2008-April 22-sibling's blood has been drawn

Bradley, Tricia & Nathan all had their blood drawn yesterday & sent overnight to the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. After their 5-6 weeks of testing they will call Dr. Raish with the results. If none of them are a match my mom & dad will be tested next & we’ll wait another 5-6 weeks. When a match is found & I have a donor a date will be set for the transplant.

A distant relative is the one who got us started on the mangosteen juice after he heard my story. He was at a conference about it recently & told my story to a Detroit doctor who is researching the effects of xanthones (found in the mangosteen fruit) on different diseases. The doctor point blank told him I need to give the mangosteen juice another 30 days & he’s convinced I’ll see results. So I started drinking again on Saturday. =)

No comments: