Friday, May 2, 2008

2008-May 2-no central Picc line or chemo today

I was supposed to have a central Picc line put in this morning & start chemo this afternoon & neither one happened. It was a frustrating day. IV Therapy had major complications putting the line in. They tried 5 times. I was there 2 ½ hours instead of 45 minutes. The veins looked okay on the ultrasound, but there was apparently blockage & they couldn’t get in. The kind of chemo I’m getting cannot be put directly into the vein. It would cause serious irritation, pain, leakage to tissue, among other bad things. I am rescheduled to start chemo Tuesday. Monday I go back to diagnostics to the cath lab to have dye injected into my veins. This will show where there is blockage & then they will put the line in then. I was pretty frustrated this morning, but I just had to let it go & I’m over it now. Apparently I was not meant to start chemo today. I know everything in life happens for a reason. =)

While I was in Chicago I received a phone call from the Skagit Valley Cancer Care Center that the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) was calling asking where my blood was. I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently I was supposed to get my blood drawn also along with my siblings. No one ever told me that-neither of my oncology doctors, the SCCA or the person at the lab where I get my blood drawn. I’ve had my blood drawn a million times & figured they would get all the information they needed from those. So I went in Wednesday & had that done. I asked the person in the lab if she knew I was supposed to get that done & she said yes. Then I asked her if she was wondering why I didn’t get it done last Monday when I was there with my brothers getting theirs drawn & she said yes again. I don’t understand why she didn’t say anything to me. I was pretty irritated about this as this pushes us back another week & a half. But again, I’m over it. Life goes on. =)

On a happy note…I had an awesome time in Chicago! I absolutely needed a break from the insurance company, the SCCA, phone calls about this & that & the next thing & a break from cancer. =) Except for that one phone call I had peace & quiet. It was very relaxing.

No comments: