Sunday, July 27, 2008

2008-July 27-started 2nd 28 day chemo regimen

Friday dad & I left Mt. Vernon at 9:30 a.m. for Seattle & didn’t get home till after 11:00 p.m. that night. Chemo started 1 ½ hours late. Then they changed my IV fluids running with the chemo from 3 to 4 hours. It was something to do with what showed up on my blood draw from the morning. My platelets showed up low again on the blood draw, so I had another platelet transfusion. We had to wait 2 hours after I was done with chemo before the platelets showed up from the Puget Sound Blood Center or something like that in downtown Seattle. It took 2 ½ hours for the transfusion. They had to keep stopping & give me Benadryl because I was getting a rash again. I was just told today that someone we know had a platelet transfusion down there & he quit breathing, so that is a possibility that could happen to me too. That freaked me out.

Thursday night I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme pain where the cancer is. It was gone by the morning, but one of my doctors wants me to do an ultrasound to see if it’s something to do with the blood clot. She wanted it done Friday, but couldn’t get it scheduled in on such late notice. I think I’m supposed to have it tomorrow, but I haven’t heard yet.

I’m having the needle biopsy done at the University of Washington Medical Center next week to check out the deal on the nodules around my thyroid.

I did confirm that I cannot do a third 28 day chemo regimen. Thank goodness. I think it’s because it’s too hard on the body to do more-too much toxicity or something like that. So the transplant should take place sometime at the end of August or beginning of September. I think the only thing that could mess that up is if I get sick.

2 comments:

trcdkk said...

28 day regimens suck.

It needed to be said.

Love you.

Michelle said...

Yes they do. I hear Peter might be falling in love with your dog. =)