Monday, June 11, 2007

Michelle

I met with Dr. Raish Thursday & I will not be doing the 3rd session of ICE chemo. Group Health Cooperative (GHC) wants me in Seattle for the 5 days of hard core chemo. & the transplant in 2 weeks. The chemo. will be from Monday, June 25-Friday, June 29 at GHC, which is in the Capitol Hill area. I will go in every morning about 7:00 am for 3-4 hours & every afternoon about 4:30 pm for a shorter treatment.

The transplant will be Monday, July 2 and they will be admitting me to Virginia Mason Hospital on Tuesday, July 3. I will be in Seattle at least one month minimum after the transplant depending on how things go. I don’t have to do the neupogon shots to produce the white blood cells anymore. Two less shots per day is good with me. =) I meet with Dr. Feldmen, the oncologist at Group Health Cooperative, Friday, June 22 to go over everything. I’m sure not ready for this. I didn’t think it would be so soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! (And the entire DeKok family!) This is Annie (Westra) Syens. Uncle Paul told me about this blog. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you that all goes well with this 5 day treatment thing. YUCK