Friday, June 29, 2007

Update - (written Thursday)

Yesterday afternoon’s chemo treatment I had some unexpected pain involved. The nurse was giving me an anti-nausea drug before I started & about half way through it I jumped out of the chair yelling in pain. It’s kind of hard to explain what happened cuz I’ve never felt anything like this before. It kind of felt like I had been shocked or this burst of extremely powerful energy went through me-very painful to say the least. Apparently I’m only supposed to have this anti-nausea drug in the morning. It lasts the whole day, so I don’t need it in the afternoon too.

Other than that little episode I’ve still been feeling good. My doctor seems surprised every time he asks me how I’m doing & I feel fine. He thinks part of it might be because I didn’t have radiation to break me down even more & I’m healthy otherwise. Hopefully I won’t be as sick through this whole thing as I was dreading. Depending on how I feel tomorrow night when I get done I might be able to go home for the weekend. Also depending on how I feel I might need to be hooked up to fluids for 4 hours on Saturday. Group Health is closed, so I would either have a nurse come in & do it or learn how to do it myself. I need to get ready to head out for my afternoon treatment again. Bye.

No comments: