Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 18, 2007-first radiation treatment

I had my first radiation appointment today at 1:00 pm. Dr. Raish had told me that unlike himself radiation is prompt & on time with their appointments. I heard they lasted about 30 minutes & I was there almost 3 hours. It was a long wearing day. It was a little frustrating & upsetting for me. Monday when they called me with my start time for today I asked if it would be every day at the same time. It will not. My appointments will be at 7:00 pm. I was completely shocked. I didn’t even know they were open in the evenings. That was a little bit upsetting to me also. I won’t have much of a life again for the next month. I’ll be missing out on friends & family home for the holidays. They’re also open New Years Eve, so I’ll be having treatment then. There is a possibility if someone finishes up with their radiation treatment I might be able to get a different time. I don’t know how far down the list I am though. As of right now my last radiation treatment will be January 15. Sorry this is such a down update. It’s just been a little bit rough lately.

No comments: