Sunday, December 2, 2007

December 2, 2007-biopsy surgery Thursday

The antibiotic I’ve been taking for the possible infection has done nothing, so we’re moving forward with biopsy surgery. It will be Thursday at 12:30 pm. I’m hoping there will be a cancellation & they can get me in sooner. They’re going to biopsy a lump I just noticed Wednesday morning. This is a new one. I believe the one my doctor found was in the same place as the last 2 times near my collar bone. This lump is on the left side of my neck about half way up kind of towards the back. They’re going to dissect the lymph node while I’m still on the operating table & if they don’t find anything then they’ll go after the one under my arm. That will be more dangerous with all the nerves & tendons & everything in that area. They don’t want to biopsy at the collar bone again because of all the scar tissue. I’ll meet soon after this with Dr. Raish to discuss when things are going to start with radiation.

No comments: