Saturday, May 17, 2008

2008-May 17-platelets low & tentative match

My platelets were low on Tuesday, so I was only able to have 1 of my 3 chemo drugs. Instead of 2 hours of chemo I only did 30 minutes, but I was still there about 4 hours. Because of my platelets I had to have my blood drawn & checked today & next Tuesday. I have next week off for chemo & then I’ll do 2 weeks again. I called the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance yesterday & Tricia is my tentative match with the testing they’ve done so far. They are testing something called antigens. A perfect match is 10 out of 10 & so far we match 4 for 4. They said Bradley & Nathan are only 50 % matches. They have more extensive testing to do on Tricia’s blood & thought they would have that completed by next week Friday & will then get that information to Dr. Raish.

No comments: