Friday, May 9, 2008

2008-May 9-central Picc line in & started chemo

I finally got my central Picc line put in Monday. Tuesday I did my 2 hours of chemo. It only took 5 ½ hours. =) I haven’t felt the greatest this week. My prednisone (steroid for inflammation) dosage was cut back & the pain came back on both sides of my neck. I’ve been waking up early in the morning with pain & yesterday was feeling pressure on my forehead & face. I was worried the pressure might be the start of a blood clot again, so the Cancer Care Center had me come in first thing this morning. Dr. Raish immediately had me go over to the hospital to have an x-ray & ultrasound done. I’ve had some new pain on the left side of my ribs so the x-ray was to check on that & for fluid in my lungs & pneumonia. That came back clear. They did an ultrasound on my neck & arm to check for blood clots. That also came back clear. Dr. Raish started me on coumadin (blood thinner) just to be safe to prevent a blood clot. He also upped my prednisone dosage back up, so hopefully by tomorrow I’ll be back to no pain. I have chemo again on Tuesday morning.

No comments: