Sunday, June 15, 2008

2008-June 15-first week of testing

Tricia flew in Tuesday night from Chicago. Wednesday we had our blood drawn, physicals & went over our medical history. Thursday we had chest x-rays, an EKG & met with our doctor. I received some good news. I supposedly am not going to lose my hair again like I thought I was going to. Woo hoo! I also met with someone from the financial department & had a pulmonary function test done, which is a breathing test. And Tricia met with a social worker. Dad, Nathan & Valerie came down to the Northgate apartment that night & had dinner with us, so they could have some time to visit with Tricia. Friday I had a dental x-ray done, my blood drawn & a bone marrow procedure done. I didn’t end up being put under like I had wanted to. They put me under heavy sedation instead of local anesthesia. I didn’t really feel like I was sedated though. I was pretty wide awake. Even though it went better than the one I had two years ago in Mt. Vernon it still was painful. They cored into my bone 4 times to get samples. I guess I’m going to have to do that two more times in a couple months. Tricia got her test results Friday afternoon & everything looked good. The only thing was she’s low on potassium & needs to bring that up. She left Friday night. My uncle is a pilot for United Airlines. He called Tricia & told her he was “concerned for her safety”, so picked up the flight from Seattle to Chicago & was her pilot. Pretty cool. Mom & I are headed back down to Seattle here shortly to get settled in for more testing & appointments this week.

No comments: