Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Second Chemo - Michelle

My second session of chemo. went fine for the most part this week, except for all the waiting. Thursday I arrived at the hospital at 11:30 am for my 24 infusion of chemo. & ended up waiting 3 hours before they finally hooked me up. It was very frustrating. Friday morning they woke me up at 5:00 am to take a sample of my blood. I’m not sure what exactly happened, but they opened or bumped something & blood was pouring out all over my shirt. They got blood on my shirt last time I was there too. I guess I’ll wear their hospital gown next time. =) Friday I waited an hour to get started on the 1 hour chemo. I tried to nicely be persistent, but didn’t get out of there till 5:30 pm. I slept quite a bit this weekend.

I feel okay for the most part, just a little gaggy feeling off & on. I started the neupogen shots again (to produce the white blood cells). This time I’m taking 2 shots a day & 4 total between the Lovenox (blood thinner). I’m still getting conflicting stories on when the harvesting of the stem cell will take place. I’m told we’ll be in Seattle 1-2 weeks & I’m also told the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance will be harvesting them this week. We’ll just have to take it day by day, as I’ve heard things can change often.

No comments: