Monday, May 21, 2007

Update - Michelle

I have started feeling better over these past few days. The blood thinner is finally working & I don’t have the pressure in my head, the head rushes, tightness in my chest or the massive head cold headache anymore. Just in time for my second session of chemo. this week. =) Oh well. I still feel nauseous off & on throughout the day though.

Wednesday I have 1 hour of chemo. and Thursday I have my 24 hour infusion of chemo. overnight at Skagit Valley Hospital. I think the earliest I’ll be moved over to the hospital from the cancer care center will be mid to late morning. Hopefully I’ll be finished by early to mid afternoon on Friday.

My hair started coming out fast over the last couple days. Last night I didn’t sleep very well because I could feel it on my pillow & was afraid of what I was going to see in the morning. I just laid there & tried not to move till it was time to get up. Today was pretty upsetting for me. When I went to brush my hair huge chunks were coming out & leaving bald spots. I went over to my mom & dad’s & had it shaved off. I know I’ll get used to it eventually. It was just really hard to have to do that.

Next Monday, Memorial Day, my mom & I leave for Seattle to have my stem cell harvested at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. As of right now we’ll be down there anywhere from 1-2 weeks. We’re staying at an apartment someone is kindly letting us use for free in Northgate right off the freeway. I’m still hoping to find something closer to Virginia Mason Hospital for after I have the transplant. I have an appointment with my oncologist this Tuesday afternoon. I’ll let you know if we learn anything new or different.

No comments: