Friday, May 11, 2007

Week Update - Michelle

I went to work Wednesday & it went fine. Thursday morning was another story. I had a really hard time getting ready. My face was more swollen & it looked like I’d been stung between my eyes. I was feeling warm & light headed & ended up having to sit down in the shower. My vision was blurry, but I drove to work anyway, just to have the guys at work drive me home. Oncology called after they opened & had me come in. I had an ultra sound done on my neck & chest & then a CAT scan. The CAT scan showed that I have a blood clot. It’s in my chest in the main vein called the superior vena cava. They put me on a blood thinner, which is in a shot form & has to be given every 12 hours. We were at the cancer care center & hospital till about 3:00 pm, so it was a long day. They said it’s going to take a few days for the blood thinner to take affect. I didn’t sleep very well last night with all the pressure on my head. I knew there was something else going on than just anxiety. Apparently my symptoms weren’t enough that they could figure it out right away though. I’ll try work again next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Hi,
I was so glad to hear you paid attention to your symptoms and got treatment so soon. We pray you will be feeling better soon.

Sharon & Bill