Friday, July 13, 2007

I talked to Michelle about an hour ago - she called me, which is an obvious improvement from two days ago when I tried calling her and she was convinced I was saying something about marriage (which I wasn't) and then just kept mumbling about nurses and food and the bathroom. Not being on her pain medication today meant that we could laugh about how unaware and out of it she had been and how I was feeling bad because I couldn't understand her AT ALL and was trying to get off the phone with her without hurting her feelings. Turns out I probably could have just hung up and she wouldn't have remembered. Good thing I wasn't trying to pour my heart out to her or tell her the code to my ATM in the event of an emergency. She sure didn't remember any of the conversation we had. Either way, it was fun to hear her laugh and to laugh with her in spite of herself. Michelle and I are always good at laughing at ourselves...or each other. Probably even when it's not appropriate. That's what sisters do, right?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lololololol! That is hilarious! I just read this to mom & it made me cry I was laughing so hard!