Tuesday, July 17, 2007

July 17, 2007-home in Mt. Vernon again

I’m home in Mt. Vernon-got here yesterday afternoon. I went into Group Health at 11:00 am to have the Hickman catheter taken out. That went 10 times better than my port a cath removal last year. I only felt a few pinches from the needle when they were putting in the numbing agent & 1 pinch when they were snipping at it to get it out. These things are supposed to be easy to get out, but each time they’ve completely attached to my body. I have an appointment with Dr. Raish Thursday afternoon to find out how often I’ll have appointments to have my blood drawn & checked & have him set up an appointment for a PET scan. We still have to make sure the cancer is gone. If it’s not I’ll need radiation then. So I’m not free & clear quite yet.

No comments: