Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 5, 2007-still not in the hospital

I’m still not in the hospital. As long as I’m well enough I’ll just stay at the apartment as long as I can. It’s gotten very difficult to swallow in the last couple days. The food just scrapes down my throat. I have to chew it forever before I can swallow. It was still tolerable yesterday, but it’s not today anymore. It’s painful to swallow liquids now. The last couple nights I’ve had stomach cramping, so I haven’t gotten much sleep. Group Health gave me some anti-nausea drugs to take over the 4th while they were closed, so yesterday didn’t go too badly for me. Mom & I drove down the street to the Northgate Mall parking lot & we could see the Seattle fireworks from there last night.

I went into Group Health today & had my blood drawn & checked & was hooked up to IV fluids all morning. I go back tomorrow morning for the same thing, unless I don’t make it till then. If I get a fever or can’t eat or drink I have to head to Virginia Mason. I’m really struggling on what to do for the weekend. On one hand I’d rather stay out of the hospital if I can. It’s comforting to me to know I can just go into Group Health every morning & let them take care of me. On the other hand they’re closed on the weekends & then I have to worry about everything myself. I have a big decision to make by tomorrow. Ugh.

1 comment:

Deanna DeVries-McDougle said...

Dear Michelle, Nicole was hoping that it would work out for her to visit you today. Since that wasn't possible, I want you to know that we are praying for you!
I have no great words of wisdom but want you to know that we care and trust in the One who is the great healer. Love, Deanna DeVries-McDougle