Tuesday, July 3, 2007

July 2, 2007-stem cell transplant successful!

The weekend did not go that great. I had a gaggy feeling in my throat most of the time. I just tried to lay still & not move. By the end of the weekend water made me feel like I was going to throw up, so I switched to something with flavor or carbonation even though nothing tasted good. Food left a bad aftertaste too, so I didn’t eat much either. As soon as I got to Group Health this morning they gave me an anti-nausea drug & I felt better. Thank goodness for drugs! I slept almost the whole entire day there.

The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance showed up at 11:30 am with 2 small bags of my stem cell frozen in liquid nitrogen in a big steel container. It took about 2-3 minutes to thaw out each bag in luke warm water in a container on the counter & just before the transplant I was given a big shot of Benadryl, that I felt instantly, so I was pretty out of it. Each bag took about 10 minutes to drip into me through IV. The only side affects I felt were a bad taste from the preservatives that were in with the stem cell & it made my throat scratchy & I coughed. As soon as the bags were done dripping into me the side affects stopped & I slept till about 3:30 pm. I feel fine right now, just tired. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to have my blood drawn to check my blood counts & to get IV fluids.

No comments: